11 Magical Tips To Prepare for the Upcoming IBPS Exam
All major Public Sector Banks of the country, except the State Bank of India, conduct recruitment through the Institute of…
All major Public Sector Banks of the country, except the State Bank of India, conduct recruitment through the Institute of Banking Personnel examination conducted annually. The most common and sought after posts for which exams are conducted by IBPS include:
- Probationary Officer
- Specialist Officer Clerk
- IBPS RRB
- Officer Scale I (PO)
- Officer Scale-II and III (SO)
- Office Assistant (Clerk)
The recruitment for all the above-mentioned posts is all set to start soon. Thus, aspirants awaiting the notification must start their preparation now. The Institute has also released the tentative exam dates for the IBPS Exam 2021:
|IBPS Calendar 2021|
|Prelims||October 9, 10, 16 & 17, 2021||December 18 & 26, 2021||August 28 & 29, September 4 & 5, 2021||August 1, 7, 8, 14 & 21, 2021|
|Mains||November 27, 2021||January 30, 2022||October 31, 2021||September 25, 2021
October 3, 2021
Get more details about the eligibility, vacancy, notification, scheme of selection, salary, etc. regarding the IBPS exams at the linked article.
More than ten thousand vacancies are released every year by the Institute for all the posts combined together and lakhs of candidates apply for these exams. Since a job in the banking sector is among the top choices of many aspirants, the competition has been increasing over the years. Thus, being very well prepared is extremely important.
Discussed below are the best tips which can help candidates skip the stress and ace the upcoming examination.
Best Preparation Tips for Bank Exam Preparation
- Critically Analyse the Syllabus – The subjects and topics are common for almost all IBPS posts, which works in favour of the aspirants. Only when one has a clear idea of what needs to be prepared he or she can start studying for the examination. Thus, this should be the first step of bank exam preparation
- Set A Systematic Study Schedule – Since the syllabus is comprehensive, it is important that equal time must be given to each subject. The time table set must include breaks and separate time for revision as well
- Collect Study Material and Make Notes – The best practice to understand a concept is self-study and making your own notes. Thus, candidates must have books and study material for exam preparation
- Focus on Time Management – Solving more questions correctly in a shorter time span must be your key focus. Since there is sectional time, candidates must ensure that they solve as many questions as possible within the stipulated time duration to increase the overall scores
- Practise More – Self-confidence is very important and for that, the candidate must practise more. If the candidate is well versed with the different types of questions from each topic, it brings in a sense of confidence which can be very helpful in the final examination
- The concept must be clear – Over the years the syllabus for bank exams hasn’t changed much but the type of questions asked keeps getting complex. Thus, concepts must be clear so that question asked in any format can be easily answered
- Maintain a balance between Books and Breaks – To ensure that the preparation does not get too overwhelming, candidates must take small breaks to refresh their mind. Continuously studying may fluster the candidate’s mind and he/she may not be able to focus much
- Over-confidence and Under-Pressure can both be harmful – At no point must the candidate get too overconfident as lakhs of candidates aspire for the same post and prepare equally well. At the same time, preparing under immense pressure can also be a cause of stress and panic. Thus, these two things must be avoided
- Online/Offline assistance can be helpful – Information regarding shortcut tricks, easy methods to answer questions and important topics can be gathered through offline or online help. One can enrol themselves into coaching or can get assistance from online portals
- Do Not worry about the final Result while preparing – During the months of preparation, the only focus must be studying and not thinking about the outcome. This is important as many candidates tend to make silly mistakes in the final exam due to stress or anxiety. Thus, a calm mind is of utmost importance for bank exam preparation and while solving the question paper
- Solve time-based practice papers – To get familiar with the exam pattern, candidates must solve time-based mock tests which are easily available online. They can help in experiencing the examination hall-type ambience and environment
The above-mentioned tips will also prove to be helpful while preparing for other competitive exams. To get a list of the Upcoming Government Exams, candidates can visit the linked article.